Friday, May 8, 2009

Midnight thoughts

I was awake all night having crazy anxiety!!! It was horrible. It started with feeling stressed about not being able to get all my art work finished (plus do ok in my classes this term and apply for a visa and do a sculpture for one of my teachers to make up when i was sick...). Then it turned into anxiety about the quality of my art, so not only would i only have one piece of art but it would be a crappy piece of art. Then I started to worry about the cohesiveness of the work i have and my ideas. Is my Art show going to look like a mishmash? Then of course, the i'm so tired but i can't sleep, tomorrow i am going to be totally ineffective stress...it goes on and on.
So in an effort to combat the stress I am going to try and have my blog help me to be held accountable. I will try and photograph my art and my progress in all areas and post them. Maybe I can get this done. Pray for me, I really need it.

6 comments:

viv said...

I am a great fan of your Art and I am looking forward to you posting them. Kia kaha. Lots of luv...Aunty Viv

Crystal said...

you will do great lucy - i think everyone goes through this before big projects. Don't do what I do...(keep putting it off), just make yourself do it! It will be great in the end. I'll look forward to seeing some pics too.

The Cammocks said...

I pray for you everyday lucy!

Chris said...

You can do this. One day at a time.

Jessica said...

I'm so excited about your show I think I'll come see it.... :) While you are preparing to show it I'm preparing myself to be blown away! It'll be fabulous!

tom and jonelle said...

I believe in you Lucy......I love this gift of Art that you have.You will finish it and it will be the bomb....because you are the really talented.
Oh and i pray for you most days and I regulary think about fasting for you...but my hands are tied....you know breastfeeding and all.ILY