Saturday, February 20, 2010

*V Day*

We had such a great Valentines day weekend. I had to work Sunday night on account of the millions of people who wanted to eat at Ola for their special day, so... we decided to celebrate on saturday night. Josh took me to Maharani, the Indian restaurant that i have been pestering him about for months. I was so excited I kept raving about it to everyone for the whole week before hand. When we got there we had to wait for 2 hours to be seated. Josh told me he was on the brink of leaving... they even seated us and then told us they'd made a mistake so we had to wait another half hour.



Maharani was tiny, no more then 10 tables (hence the wait)and so lovely. It reminded me how much I love India and how much I want to go back.




But the food was so worth it! Delicious. Josh got Lamb Vindaloo and I go Chicken Saag (spinach). We got Paratha (my favourite Indian Bread) and Naan as well as Samosas. We didn't even get 1/4 way through our meal before we were totally defeated!





Valentines Day was so lovely, We had such a great time. Food was great. Atmosphere was great. The best part was spending some time with my boy. Maybe the best Valentines day ever.


PS On another note can i just say how excited I am to get back to NZ and back to some of the wonderful food and friends and family i have been missing.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

wow lucy you look so brown i am jealous. Sounds like a great restaurant. When are you coming to NZ??

The Cammocks said...

we are really excited to have you home too lucy ... it will be soooo nice ... it feels like years! Not so sure about the food though now that I work things have changed in the food department ... or should I say the cooking department. Still organic and going more vegetarian these days. I am looking forward to having your energy around the house again lucy ... I love you lucy ...

Charlotte Rose said...

I cannot believe you waited so long - but Good Indian food is hard to come by so well done in being patient.

I can't believe your coming home just in time for winter, it may be funky: ) Looking forward to seeing you.

Unknown said...

Hello good food, bad tempo waiting long, I'm called DIEGO Valencia (Spain) for the month of August here muchisimo heat