Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer?

It's summer out here in Vermont, but it doesn't feel like it. This morning i woke up thinking about summers at home. I am so so excited about the possibility of getting even a bit of a New Zealand summer this year.
Here are some of the things that i think about when i am thinking of summer.
hokey Pokey ice cream cones
late night walks with mum or alice when it's still light outside
summer concerts
walking everywhere
christmas
going to the beach but not getting in the water because it's to cold
non-stop cricket
Cammock vs everyone waterfights (remember when we got the missionaries and they started to cry?)
sunburn (NZ sun always means sunburn for me)
picnics
BBQs
roadtrips
spending time with the whole family, i can't wait to see everyone, hopefully soon
This summer lets get the car club back together? (do you think sam still has his formidable sound system?)

favorite NZ summer songs





PS I am dying to get a hold of some phoenix foundation, if you have any maybe you could burn it for me and send it to me? I am thinking Dean and Carly?

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi Lucy nice list - i particularly identify with going to the beach, but not getting in cause the water is too cold ha ha. Hope your plans are going well!

Dean and Carly said...

OMG...thanks for reminding me about the missionaries that was so hilarious but sad at the same time...personally I think you make a hot blonde, so definitely blond, having said that I am bias by the fact that I myself have always wanted to be blond...are you enjoying hanging out with the new baby? I miss Asher being so little

Dean and Carly said...

P.S. I will get dean onto the CD. Email me your postal address

Chris said...

we have some phoenix foundation on the ipod in the car if you want to put it on your computer--