Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween

So on Halloween Mum, Dad, Sam, Liz and I went on a haunted hayride. Actually Sam, Liz and I went first and afterwards I called mum and dad and insisted they come and do it with us. I knew it was going to be awesome when the ride was just getting started and we passed this little plastic skeleton, this made Mum cry out in terror. As the ride progressed all sorts of things happend. There were people dressed up as ghosts riding horses that surrounded us and rode by really quickly, heaps of really cool costumes, monsters and zombies. Little children asking for a ride, people hanging from trees, a graveyard where things climbed out of the graves and started to walk towards us trying to touch us. All of this was really scarey, especially when the these things really were touching us. Eww!!!! I surprised myself by becoming hysterical when we were approached by scary clowns. I was laughing/crying (chris you may remember this from our camel ride,)really creeped out! But the highlight of the night was being on the ride with mum. She was screaming and crying and throwing herslef all over the place, at one point she was crouched in the fetal position on the ground. Dad and I were holding her entire body for a lot if the time because she was just throwing herself around. When the little children (like 5 year olds) came up and asked for a ride she shouted 'No, Go away!!'. We were the last group for the night so some of the kids towards the end of the ride hopped on the back of the truck and were riding back to the main area with us, Mum showed no mercy, she kept saying, 'Get off!!'. This kid wasn't even in costume, just a sweet little boy in a red T-shirt trying to get a ride home. Hilarious!!!
I think these photos speak for themselves...





You have to admitt thats a pretty scarey looking clown...

3 comments:

Gail said...

Youre poor mother! Actually, that face reminded me of the time she heard a noise outside when we were staying in a hut on the Hamilton Hut hike, for some reason she made ME get up to investigate lol.
Oh yeah, and it also reminds me of a time when a oppusum ran passed us when sitting admiring the view from signal hill, in Dunedin... oh yeah.. and it reminds me of the time we went to see Minority report and Tom Cruise has the eye surgery... your mother screamed the theatre down.
Always good for a laugh! haha

Glad you had a great night Lucy.

:)

Lucy said...

Gail i miss you, i wish i would be home when you are visiting!! Come to Hawaii??

Dean and Carly said...

I wish I was in Hawaii, with warm weather and water, you are so lucky