Saturday, November 22, 2008

Disclaimer...I'm usually not this personal...

Stop what your doing right now and watch this movie.




I loved this movie!! The more I think about it the more I love it. There is something about it that reminded me of Mary. Maybe not Mary herself, but more what is left behind. Maybe just because it's that time of the year, and I miss her. It made me see how we are all bound through her and maybe I am not the only one who feels like there was something I could've done and maybe that feeling never goes away.
This movie is filled with music and love and hate and food and family. It's nice to see something real.
In the months after Mary died Byron would call me in the middle of the night - because I couldn't sleep- and sing me neil young songs until i could. In this movie the guy sings a neil young song as part of his wedding vows. I'm sure everyone has a movie or a moment or a song and it feels like so many parts of it are just for you, and this is mine.
I balled my way through this movie but I loved every minute of it. This movie was for me. Watch it and let me know how you feel about it.



'You know it aint easy, you've got to hold on'

I miss her and I know you do too.

**It's funny how we find something in a movie that no one else see's. I'm sure you'll all like/dislike this movie for your own reasons. Sorry if you go and see this movie expecting it to have a really clear relationship to Mary, i think it is maybe more related to me and how I feel.

4 comments:

Charlotte Rose said...

Love you Lucy : )

tom and jonelle said...

what is this movie you speak of

Charlotte Rose said...

Is this movie called rachel getting married???

Lucy said...

Yea Rachel getting married. So great!!