Monday, September 22, 2008

I resent Gluten

So it seems that i have an allergy to Gluten and that is why I have been getting sick these many years!!! I went to the Dr a couple of weeks ago to get tested for everything you can think of, and came back negative for most stuff. He says he can't be sure that I don't have something in the Lupis/Arthritis family, but so far it looks like i don't. Which is great except that i still have pretty horriable joint pain. So we are thinking the culprit is GLUTEN. I am trying out a gluten free diet for a bit to see if there is any improvement, i am hoping there is because i am so tired and unmotivated to be in school or to get out of bed. Coke isn't cutting it anymore (Dad thinks that this is because Coke is filled with Gluten- which horrifically means that Mum and Dad could be right, all of my health problems DO come from coke....in a round about way), i think i need to be well to have more energy.
What is Gluten you may ask. Anything that tastes good, thats what gluten is. Anything you like a lot. So next time you see me I will be thin and hungry, but hopefully functioning like a normal person.
For Jasmine, Tom and Jonelle....
Remember Gluten House??? Still makes me laugh when I think about it....

8 comments:

Gail said...

we took Macallum off gluten about a month ago, totally different kid! its been a god send, here's hoping the same for you. I think it might be the answer!

tom and jonelle said...

lucy this SUCKS big time....I have finally succumbed to trying a fully gluten free diet for all of those in my house that are allergic to it.Let me tell you now....There is absolutely nothing gluten free that tastes even remotely palatable...bad news is that when you go gluten free you will prob put on weight because your food will be digested and absorbed......so you will be fat and hungry

Lucy said...

Do you have more than Tom that has Celiacs???

Chris said...

oh dear. i don't know if having to live gluten free is more a relief than having lupis or not? I guess you won't be eating anything at the Station ever again. Keep us updated how it goes.

Crystal said...

Don't beleive them lucy. it's a conspiracy. there is no such thing as gluten intolerance. eat through the pain.

Excuse me while i go and butter my hot bread roll mmmm

Lucy said...

Thats so funny, my Dr told me to excercize through the pain, I felt he was being a little insensitive to my condition.

Charlotte Rose said...

Mmm finally an answer to your condition. This indeed is a relief as your condition always made me feel alittle uneasy, especially when you would throw up in the middle of converstaions. Thank goodness you can still have coke, you are very LUCKY to have the coke still, coke, whilst it doesn't mean as much to me as it does to you and others I still appreciate it. love you and missss you.

Chris said...

any updates on your allergy or whatever ails you? It must be a real pain to be having to go through all this while at school. I hope you are feeling a little better...or are you still the same...a real mystery.