Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PositiveNegative

I have been thinking a lot lately about Art and Design and how important both are to me, i really want to get back involved in art in a way that I haven't really been for years, so with this in mind i will try to post more art inspired stuff on my blog. I hope you like it.








These are all pieces by one of my favorite artists Jim Dine. I love how he works with Positive and Negative. I have been trying to buy some of his books but i guess there are limited numbers because they are all about $500 each these days.

Anyway today I discovered this amazing wallpaper artist and the more I looked at her work the more I realized that what I love about it is what I love about Jim Dine, Positive and Negative. Check it out.







5 comments:

Chris said...

Very cool stuff. I love that wall paper, especially that one that looks like random stars. They are so evocative. THanks for the links.

Crystal said...

i am a lover of wall paper. For my exhibition a year or so ago "Mrs Brown's big day out" on Hamilton women in the 1950s, the graphic designer made 4 wall paper prints and we had some massive drops made to indicate the start of each new section. They were so cool. It might be very wrong of me but....I think I like textured wall paper!?!

The Cammocks said...

Wow, Lucy, I really like the art that you have picked. The wall paper is wonderful. I like your taste in art lucy, I think it is very powerful and evocative.

Leilani Bascom said...

I MISS YOU LUCY! I know everyone who is away from you misses you, but that includes me! I fully support your ideas and efforts to incorporate more of your artistic loves on your blog...love love love

Charlotte Rose said...

MMMMMMmmmmmmm. Art aye????
Umm Love the wallpaper. I am mulling over the art. Not bad, I think, mmm I don't know, I can't comment I know nothing about art. You arty types all like nakedness, yes I think I recall you and Cary doing Live art??? Lovely. Love you Lucy. Miss You. When are YOU ever on Skype?????? We must talk.